Saturday, September 12, 2015

Mindfulness Studies Weekly Reflection


This was the first week spent in my mindfulness studies graduate program at Lesley University. My class, Mindfulness Theory, Practice, and Science is off to a powerful start. As it's online, I've met several kindred souls from across the US and Canada. I've never experienced an online class before, and was a bit apprehensive about it. Would I feel like I could connect with these people? Would the dialog flow and be engaging? Well, YES! While I'm still navigating the discussion board threads and how to keep track, I'm head over heals for my classmates, professor and of course, the content. Having practiced mindfulness in various ways for a few years now, it feels spectacular to be in this setting, with these folks who are as passionate (at least) as I am. This week we practiced the body scan, mindful eating, and reflected on a Poem by Rumi called The Guest House. That poem essentially defines mindfulness. Another on point definition was shared with us by Christina Feldman - Mindfulness is the willingness and capacity to be equally present with all events and experiences with discernment, curiosity, and kindness. 

I'm in for a great ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment